Friday, September 30, 2005

Looking at you hands

When i first started Tiaji quan, they always say that where the eye looks is importand and it can either make your break your routine. At first i thought it would be good if i get my body postures and alignment right first, then i would go on to do my eye coordination. Well, that's what i did!
However, half way through getting my postures and alignment correct, I started to realise the use of the eyes.
The eyes actually help in getting the postures and body alignments correct! At the same time, it helps you to watch where your attack is going to land and helps you to focus your energy.
By always keeping your hands in sight, you can sometimes observe the movements of your hands to every last turn or twist and can thus improve your routine. One of my teacher says it can even be used to improve your eyesight!!!I don't know if that is true though...
However after learning taiji, i realise that i can respond markedly better to catch things that drops accidently. I wonder if it the result of better hand eye coordination.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually been told to focus your intention on the middle finger of the main hand. This has also done wonders to my form.

Great blog ;)

9:50 pm, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha, ha, i am very free today since its right after may day. something to ponder about.....

the ancients say see without seeing........why?
could it be that the speed of mind is faster than the speed of sight?

how does the eyes help in seeing inside your body?
can you see your bai hui? your wei lu? your ming men?
can you see your yi nian? (intention)

thus is it the eyes that see?
or the mind that sees?

10:49 am, May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home