Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Starting Again

For quite sometime, due to heavy school commitments, I have cut down on my taiji training. It is time to start again. I have decided to do a shorter but no less fun and exciting sequence that i have finish learning which is Sun style. It takes only a little more than 10 minutes if you do at a normal speed to complete the whole sequence.
The sequence is compact and mobile. The footsteps are light and nimble and the whole sequence is actually quite well designed and fun to do.

As of now, my footsteps are rateher clumsy and i feel like a klutz. Hopefully, after some practice, I can streamline them and aquire the footsteps required of an internal martial artist, the footsteps of feathers like roots.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wong Koi Hin said...

Hi there, I am a student of Yang-style Taiji Quan and I came across your blog while looking for information on Chen style and push hands. May I know which school you are attending? I am hoping to learn Chen style and push hands. Thank you for reading! You can contact me at koihin At gmail.com (or let me know how I can contact you) Thanks again.

10:34 pm, July 16, 2007  
Blogger OldtaichiGuy said...

Hi Eman.
Are you still doing Tai Chi?
I really like your blog for it's honest queries on Tai Chi practice. I 'm learning Tui Shou from the Yang perspective. Check out my Tai Chi blog if you're still doing Tai Chi. It addresses some of your questions regarding structure and stuff.
Best Regards.

12:31 pm, March 23, 2008  
Blogger OldtaichiGuy said...

Whoops. Forgot to leave my blog link.
:)

http://taichieugene.blogspot.com/

12:33 pm, March 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home